Description: C++ based open source agent-based modeling software for biological systems. Simulate individual cells as they interact in 2D and 3D tissue environments. Software has been applied to broad problems in cancer biology, immunology, infectious diseases, microbial ecosystems, cryobiology, developmental biology, and other areas.
Recent training materials: https://github.com/PhysiCell-Training/ws2021
Features: * Model 10^6 or more individual cells in 2D or 3D
* Easy to start with built-in processes for cycling, death, secretion/consumption, motility, mechanics, phagocytosis, fusion, and more.
* High customizable. Each cell agent can have its own rules
* Cross-platform: works on macOS, Windows, Linux, and others
* Parallelized with OpenMP
* Extensive open source user community who contribute new functionality
* Community-based extensions for Boolean networks, flux balance, SBML models, HPC-based model exploration, and parallelization on supercomputers available
Unit: Luddy School of Informatics, Computing and Engineering